Temporary residence permit

Legalization of stay in Poland of citizens of the European Union and European Economical Area – a temporary residence permit.

  1. Students from the European Union and European Economic Area can come to Poland without a visa, but they need their ID (with the photo).
  2. Students planning to stay in Poland for longer than 90 days should apply for a temporary residence permit. The card is issued by:
    Voivodship Office, Departament of Foreigners
    (Urząd Wojewódzki, Wydział Spraw Cudzoziemców
    Tel. (00 48) 22 695 67 70
    ul. Marszałkowska 3/5, 00-624 Warsaw.

    The completed form along with requested documentation should be submitted no later than 45 days before current period of legal stay ends (that means one should do this during the initial 45 days of stay in Poland).

  3. To obtain temporary residence permit students from EU and EEA should submit the following documents:
    • 4 copies of the application for the residence permit for a defined period of time filled out in compliance with the instruction
    • 4 up-to-date, colour undestroyed photographs, dimensions: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, taken in the last 6 months on a single light background with good focus and clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, so as the face occupy 70-80% of the photographs; photographs presenting a person without head covering and dark glasses, looking straight ahead with eyes open and natural expression of the face and mouth closed, face can not be covered with hair (providing additional photo will definitely facilitate the proceedings)
    • Valid travel document, e.g. passport (3 photocopies)
    • Confirmation of registration for temporary residence
    • Legal title to the apartment
    • Certificate confirming the admission to or continuation of the studies issued by the entity in charge of the studies or certificate confirming the commencement or continuation of learning program
    • Proof of the fee payment if required by the entity in charge of the studies in order to commence or continue the studies
    • Documents confirming the availability of the funds to cover the costs of living and return, and to cover the costs of the studies
    • Documents confirming health insurance taken up

Detailed and up-to-date information in English can be found at: http://www.mazowieckie.pl/portal/pl/88/86/English.html