Legalization of stay in Poland of a person from outside the European Union and European Economic Area – a visa

Citizens from outside of the EU and EEA can cross Poland’s borders only with a valid travel document (passport) and a visa issued by a Polish Embassy or Consulate in their home countries.

  1. short-term visa is issued for maximum of 3 months;
  2. long-term visa is issued for maximum of 12 months.

One should apply for a visa for a whole planned period of studies in Poland as prolonging the visa is possible only once and in exceptional circumstances.